Course & Workshop Terms & Conditions
Course & Workshop Terms & Conditions
FULL payment is required at the time of booking unless otherwise stipulated. This will secure your course price if a special offer has been applied and will secure your course date.
All course fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. At the discretion of Distinction Training Academy, we may consider a cancellation on medical or compassionate circumstances (proof of which may be required). In this situation the course date can be changed but the course fee will not be returned.
Distinction Training Academy is unable to offer refunds for cancellations outside of our control, i.e. adverse weather conditions, flooding. An alternative training date will be offered.
Distinction Training Academy is not responsible for any loss of income, accommodation/travelling costs students may incur due to the cancellation of courses.
Cancellation or transfer of training dates
In the event of a genuine reason for cancellation of a confirmed training date (proof of which may be required), a request for a transfer will be considered at the discretion of Distinction Salon & Training Academy (subject to availability).
Under medical or compassionate circumstances (proof of which may be required) and where immediate reschedule might not be possible; a credit for all or part of the course fee may be placed on file as a gesture of goodwill. Credits will be valid towards training courses only and run for a period of 12 months from the date of issue at which time the credit would be forfeited.
Booked training is non-transferable to an alternative student. Please ensure the booking is made giving the correct name of the person attending the course at the time of making payment.
In the event that Distinction Training Academy should have to cancel your course for reasons outside of our control, i.e. tutor sickness. Distinction Training Academy will endeavour to give students at least 24 hours’ notice of any cancellation by telephone and/or email and will rearrange the course.
The Academy is not responsible for any accommodation/travelling costs students may incur due to the cancellation of courses.
Please arrive at Distinction Salon & Training Academy venue a minimum of 15 minutes before the start of your course start (unless told otherwise). Courses finish approximately between 3pm and 5.00pm (unless a workshop course or an assessment)
If you arrive late (in excess of 60 minutes) you may be refused entry to the training. In the event that you are refused entry, please contact me to reschedule. However, there will be a £50 fee to reschedule.
If you are running late please call to let me know, as this will make me aware that you are on your way.
Please therefore ensure you allow sufficient time for travelling. Make use of Google maps on smart phone or print map/directions from our website to assist you to locate the centre on the training day.
Confirmation of bookings
Once you have booked and paid for a training course you will receive an email within 24 hours to confirm the booking (for bookings made within office hours. Outside of these hours; confirmation will be sent on the next working day).
If booking last minute courses or courses scheduled for within less than 48 hours, please call to book so that we can confirm availability to you prior to payment.
Certificates will be issued by Distinction Salon & Training Academy and are certified by ABT. Certificates will arrive within 14 days of completion of your course. If you require a replacement certificate a fee of £25 will be payable.
All students are required to disclose any medical conditions at the time of booking, which will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Some conditions may impede ability to participate within a course and your safety is paramount.
Adjustments will be made to accommodate medical conditions where possible. A medical certificate may be required in line with our insurance obligations.
Failure to disclose known medical conditions at the time of booking or to provide a model where requested, which later prevent participation in a particular course may result in forfeit of course fees.
Special Training Needs / Requirements
Where possible we seek to include students with special requirements within course delivery. One to one training is a good option in these circumstances.
Manicure & Pedicure and Gel Polish Courses
Please ensure any personal nail extensions or enhancements are not too long prior to attending the course, as you will give nail treatments to models which may be more difficult to do with long nails.
False Lashes, Eyelash/Brow Tinting Courses
You will need your model to have a patch test if supplying your own model. Please let us know and we can arrange this.
Beauty Insurance (Public Liability Insurance)
Following your practical training and successful case studies (where required), you will receive confirmation by email (as discussed above) which will allow you to apply for beauty insurance to allow you to begin working on members of the public. This will allow you to begin working on a self-employed basis (mobile) and to take payments should you wish. You must ensure you register with HMRC regarding any tax/national insurance applicable to any income earned on this basis.
If you hold an existing policy, you are responsible for ensuring the insurance provider will extend your cover to include the new treatment(s) and for covering any cost to make changes.
Following training, students should begin practising treatments as soon as possible while the knowledge and skills are freshly learnt. Students are recommended to ensure they put public liability insurance in place before taking on paying clients. Students are advised to refer to the Practical Training notes provided following training to refresh your knowledge and assist you with the treatment routines etc. Students are welcome to contact the Principle with any questions. Should you be unable to practice your skills and/or require additional training at a later stage, please note additional fees apply per training day required.
In the unlikely event your training course with us does not meet your expectations, in the first instance please email [email protected] with the details of your complaint. You will receive a response within 5 working days.
For all other enquiries please contact Distinction Salon & Training Academy Owner: Helen Harris 07591710551
Code of Conduct
To ensure all learners are given the best opportunity to learn, we would ask the following code of conduct is adhered to at all times:-
• Punctuality is essential with all learners to arrive a minimum of 30 mins before the course starts to finish at 5pm (unless told otherwise). Allow adequate time to travel to the training centre. You may be refused entry if you arrive late for training. There is a transfer fee of £50 per training date to reschedule your training if you arrive late.
• Attendance of training days is compulsory. Failure to attend scheduled training can result in removal from your programme. Genuine reasons for non-attendance will allow reschedule at a cost of £50 per training date. A medical certificate is required to waiver the fee in the event of medical emergency/illness.
• Learners are required to wear clean clothes
• Please make the tutor aware of any medical conditions or learning difficulties which may impact your learning (these should previously have been discussed at the time of booking to ensure suitability for the training). This can be discussed with the tutor upon arrival at the centre, in confidence. This will allow the tutor to best support you throughout the training day and make any adjustments possible to assist you to gain the most from your training.
• Use of mobile phones is prohibited during training and should be turned off outside of agreed breaks. If you do require to keep your phone on for any reason this will need to be confirmed with your tutor.
• No smoking or chewing of gum within the training centre.
• Be courteous and respectful to tutors and other learners. No use of foul language. Abuse of any kind including racism will not be tolerated.
• Verbal, physical or written abuse will not be tolerated and will result in an immediate verbal warning from the tutor. Should the conduct continue, you will be asked to leave the training immediately. You will not receive your diploma and will forfeit all course fees paid.
• Should an issue arise on your training day in relating to other learners on the course or if you are experiencing difficulties with the course, please immediately notify your tutor so action can be taken or advice given to support you as required as it is sometimes difficult to rectify issues later and this will allow you to gain the most from your training day experience.